Friday, April 22, 2011

Fun with boxes!

We have been busy organizing the house as much as possible. We have more than enough space to live in but a lot less space than we used to have. Clever storage solutions are a must here! Queen Ginger over at Craftin' Texan turned me on to an easy box makeover that I knew would help us out. After I found the perfect size boxes I covered them with the tutorial found here and threw on a little paint.

Of course before any of that happened Thomas played with them...
and had the BEST time!


We stacked them so high I had to get the ladder out to get the last one on top!

There was only about an inch of space between the boxes and the ceiling.

Then the inevitable happened...

they had to be pushed over!


This smile was the best part for me! The crash of a 10 foot high tower was the best for him! We did this several times, good thing those boxes are sturdy!

Then we built a bridge with them.

Finally I was able to confiscate them and get the actual project done.

They fit perfectly and house all of our crap stuff in a uniform manner!

We did not use the box lids for this project but have found about a hundred different uses for them! No waste!

No comments: